Continuing on with the month of May...Herbie finished his year with Kamehameha Preschools with an Aloha Day Ceremony on May 20th. They performed a whole program of songs, mostly in Hawaiian, with actions and everything! The pictures are of us at the ceremony, including his two brothers there to cheer him on, and one of him singing. It was about a 40 minute program with at least 20 minutes of singing from the children. Herbie did excellent! Now I realize that I may have a slight bias, but I think that Herbie was one of the most attentive children. He sang every song and did the actions without getting distracted or tired. Plus he doesn't need the teacher in front of him to remind him of all that either, because he constantly sings them at home. Some of the other kids would just sing, or stare out the window etc--it must be something he really enjoys because he did so well. The little girl next to him kept stepping in front of him, and it took all of my control not to yell at her--she wasn't even singing half of the time. I wanted to yell out "That's MY baby!" But I held it in. He also got a speaking part, and I will post that video next. Of course he did so well. Okay, enough of the irritating and gushing mother praise. You'll just have to see for your self.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Herbie's Aloha Day Ceremony
Posted by Franco Family at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment